Investigator Guide – Human Subjects Research
- Chapter 1 – Before you begin
- Chapter 2 – Think About the Purpose of Your Project
- Chapter 3 – Your Project Requires Review
- Chapter 4 – Additional Considerations
- Chapter 5 – Where to Find What You Need
- Download the complete Investigator Guide
- Community Engaged Research
- Consent Template Language by Topic
- Considerations and Recommendations Concerning Internet Research and Human Subjects Research Regulations, with Revisions (SACHRP)
- Criteria for IRB review and approval (IRB Reviewer Reference Sheets - 05/08/12)
- FAQs, Terms and Recommendations on Informed Consent and Research Use of Biospecimens (SACHRP)
- FDA Inspections
- Guidelines for Writing a Research Protocol - A guide for preparing a full description of the planned research (i.e., a research protocol or proposal).
- Guidelines for Writing a Banking/Repository Protocol – A guide for describing the plan for collecting and storing data and/or specimens for future research.
- Human Participants in Research (ORRP) – An educational video that provides investigators, research staff, and students with an overview of federal and university requirements for human subjects research and Institutional Review Board review.
- Human Subjects Regulations Decision Charts (OHRP)
- NIH online genetics course for social and behavioral scientists
- OHRP Educational Videos (HHS YouTube channel)
- On Being a Scientist: Third Edition (The National Academies Press)
Sample Research Documents
- Web Guide to Research for Undergraduates (WebGuru) is an interactive web-based tool intended to assist undergraduates navigate the hurdles of an undergraduate research experience. It provides useful information related to a productive and rewarding undergraduate research experience. See http://www.webguru.neu.edu/index.php